Wednesday 10 July 2013

Direction

My goal for this blog is to use it as a personal springboard for strip mining the smart thinking out of videogame design and cramming it wherever it will fit into tabletop RPGs. This kinda goes against the grain because most of the the blogging that I read about RPGs places little or no value on what video games can teach them.
This has escalated in recent times with my acceptance into the grand and hallowed profession of RPG freelancing and the unexpected start and success of my new campaign. 
The freelancing is something that I hope to write more about in the future. Suffice to say that it came to me largely due to the spontaneous intersection of dumb luck and stupendous bravery. Nonetheless, like a petty thief who finds himself running down a back-alley from the sound of whistles, grasping a gaudy and fragile jewell, I intend to keep running. 
My new Campaign is coming together so well it is writing itself. To this purpose I am going to start posting using it as the testbed and proving range for my video game thoughts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment